Dr. Elise Munoz
“I’ve dedicated my professional life to helping people suffering from anxiety and depression. After studying and implementing an innovative evidence-based approach, I began witnessing impressive results with my clients. This inspired me to create a group practice with a large team of talented therapists to make this advanced CBT treatment accessible to the wider population. I am humbled by clients’ willingness to share their struggles, and honored to offer them a warm, trusting relationship with real understanding and true empathy.”
Dr. Elise Munoz is an accomplished cognitive behavioral psychotherapist, trainer, and educator of evidence-based psychotherapies. She is the Founder and Clinical Director of Feeling Good Psychotherapy, a leading private group practice dedicated to providing advanced Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for adults, adolescents, and children. Dr. Munoz is also an Adjunct Assistant Professor at New York University’s Silver School of Social Work teaching, supervising, and training graduate students. Also, her doctoral research at the University of Pennsylvania investigates the effectiveness of TEAM-CBT for young people suffering from anxiety and depression.
Dr. Munoz is an expert in the treatment of stress & performance issues, social anxiety, generalized anxiety, depression, and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) as well as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). In addition, she is a compassionate and skillful practitioner of other evidence-based treatments such as Exposure and Response prevention for anxiety/OCD, Prolonged Exposure Trauma Treatment, Mindfulness. Her approach is also informed by dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). She has received extensive academic and post-graduate psychotherapy training in clinical psychology both in the U.S. and Europe, where she is a licensed psychologist and completed her DESS thesis at the University of Geneva Switzerland under the mentorship of the late, world-renowned developmental psychologist and Columbia Professor, Daniel N. Stern, MD. She is a certified trainer of TEAM-CBT, an evidence-based framework developed by Dr. David D. Burns, Professor Emeritus at Stanford University Medical School. In addition, she provides CBT training and consultations in her own in-house training program as well as for practicing clinicians and graduate students in NYC and the tri-state area. Dr. Munoz has been a guest lecturer at several top universities and institutions including University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, and New York University in addition to local private and public schools and nonprofit mental health agencies. Dr. Munoz has also coached executives at Fortune 500 companies as well as other organizations on effective communication.
Education and Certifications :
- DSW, Doctorate in Clinical Social Work, University of Pennsylvania
- Fordham University, Master’s in Clinical Social Work, summa cum laude
- University of Geneva, Switzerland, DESS, Clinical Psychologist
- University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland, Master’s in Psychology
- IOCDF: The Behavior Therapy Training Institute (BTTI), OCD Certified Provider and Professional member
- TEAM-CBT, Level 4 certified Therapist & Trainer
- Certified in cognitive behavioral therapy for pediatric anxiety disorders
- Certified in cognitive behavioral therapy for pediatric OCD
- Certified in advanced cognitive behavioral therapy for trauma
- Intensively trained in Prolonged Exposure, evidence-based treatment for PTSD, University of Pennsylvania, Edna Foa group.